What is a 13-day diet? How can you lose up to 9 kgs by following this simple weight loss diet plan? A diet plan may help you increase your metabolism and lose weight quickly as it is one of the vital factors in losing weight.
A lot of people suffer from a slow metabolism. It is a possibility that you might not lose weight even after following a rigorous diet; this is because your body has reached the plateau stage.
This means that you are not in a caloric deficit anymore; the amount of energy intake is equal to the quantity of energy you burn due to the reduced metabolism. In such a situation, the 13 days metabolism diet is beneficial for you as it will help you shed faster and boost your metabolism.
What is the 13 Day Metabolism Diet?
A 13-day metabolism diet is a crash diet that is claimed to increase your metabolism not only during the days when you are dieting but for a more extended period that helps you lose weight at a much rapid rate.
The duration for following this diet, as the name suggests, is 13 days. The diet lays down precisely what you should be eating for all thirteen days. However, many dieticians and other individuals have created variations of the diet.
There are a few restrictions that you need to follow before beginning with the diet plan strictly.
● Strictly “No Cheating” allowed.
● No chewing gums of any type.
● No alcohol in any form.
● No milk and any other sweetener like sugar or honey except on the eighth-day.
● No cooking oil.
● Any other food that is not listed in the diet plan is strictly prohibited except on the seventh day.
Is 13 Day Diet Plan Healthy?
The 13-day metabolism diet or any other crash diet is not considered a healthy way to lose fat as numerous factors may act against the diet.
1) It does not increase your metabolism somewhat decreases it: The diet is a deficient caloric diet that puts your body into a survival state, reducing your metabolism. Therefore, you might lose weight in the 13 days, but it is a high possibility that you might gain it back.
2) Muscle Loss: The diet promises to help you lose up to 9 kgs or 22 pounds of weight. The doctors’ healthy weight loss is one to two pounds per week, which is a lot less than the diet promises. Due to a severe caloric deficit, your body may break down the muscles for energy leading to muscle loss.
3) Lack of micronutrients: Due to the restrictions in the eating pattern, you miss a lot of nutrients, vitamins, and minerals while following the diet. A good diet is one where there is a proper combination of micro and macronutrients required for the body’s proper functioning and growth.
Due to all these reasons, it is not recommended to follow 13 days metabolism or any other crash diet.
Day 12 & 13
Instead of looking for a short-term weight loss plan like the 13-day diet, a person should follow a proper high protein, low carbs diet comprising different combinations of various types of fruits and vegetables. Along with this, you should have a proper exercise routine. A variety of these two factors will help you achieve your fitness goal and contribute to healthy living.